From Wednesday June 29, 2016, By Pastor Jim Lowe and Bishop Lowe
Martin Luther King Jr.- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate:only love can do that.”
Matthew 5:13 (NIV)
“You are the salt of the earth.
What Are Some Uses For Salt? Cleaning, improves the taste of food, preservation, put out fires
As being the salt of the earth, we are to do a few things that salt can do:
- Improve the Taste of the World - Just as food needs salt for taste, we are here to prevent the world from becoming tasteless. (Job 6:6 “Is tasteless food eaten without salt, or is there flavor in the sap of the mallow?”)
- Preserve His Kingdom in the Earth - Just as salt is used for it’s preserving qualities, we are here to preserve the Kingdom of Christ on this earth. This is what we represent. This is what we are ambassadors for. Our job is to not just be here, but to keep as much of his kingdom here as possible and not let the world “spoil.”
- Increase the Thirst for His Presence - Ever had too much salt? How does it affect you? It causes you to become thirsty. All that excess salt has to be washed away. We are to increase the thirst of Christ in the earth. Our lives should be lived in a way that when people see us, they see a blessed people. They should see us and realize there’s something about us that they’re missing. They see a joy in us no one can take away. They see that although we may get sick, our faith does not waver. When they’re down, we’re always there to pick them up. That no matter how life may treat us we still continue to press forward.
- Help to Extinguish the Fires of Sin - They tell you that while water is great for fires, certain fires shouldn’t get water on them. When salt is thrown on fire it works to create a crust that covers and smothers the fire. Do people feel comfortable to do any kind of thing around you? Or do people start watching their mouth around you? Do people feel comfortable sinning around you, or do they respect the fact that you’re walking what you’re talking?
Consequences of Not Being Salty
We Have a Duty to be the Salt of the Earth
Where Do We Go From Here?
From here to being Fully Committed to...
ALL FOR THE GLORY OF GOD!
(NIV84) Ac 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
(NIV84) Mt 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
A. Through Share Life Outreach Ministries
1) The Share Life Witnessing Ministry - This ministry focuses on witnessing to those not know Christ and bring the knowledge of salvation in his name to the world.
2) The Share Life Service Ministry - This ministry focuses on serving the needs of people and showing the love of Christ to the world.
B. Through Social Media
Social Media Wednesdays
(NIV84) Jn 13:12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.
- How will we serve? In our various ministries
III. Prayer - The Activation of the Heir Force
Lk 18:1 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
1 Th 5:17 pray continually;
Eze 22:30 “I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none. 31 So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign LORD.”
Is 50:2 When I came, why was there no one? When I called, why was there no one to answer?
God is looking for us. Will we be found by him?
Was my arm too short to ransom you? Do I lack the strength to rescue you? By a mere rebuke I dry up the sea, I turn rivers into a desert; their fish rot for lack of water and die of thirst.
- The Activation of the Heir Force to carry out the plans of God when commanded by his word from the mouth of a believer.
Ps 103:20 Praise the LORD, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word.
Heb 1:14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
(ESV) Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?
Ro 8:16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
- They are there as ministers/servants for us
- We are their assignment!
- They were not just created for God's bidding but also ours
- They are the force in heaven that operates in the world on our behalf when we pray to God.
The Activation of the Heir Force
3 times a day 1)Fully Committed to Obey, 2) Our Strength To Equal Our Days and 3) We Will Live Long and Prosper being committed to 1)Evangelism, 2)Service, 3)Prayer
What we will pray to God 3 times a day for assistance
- TO BE FULLY COMMITTED TO OBEY
- OUR STRENGTH TO EQUAL OUR DAYS
- WE MAY LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
Now we will activate our Heir Force!
Matthew 5:14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.